Monday, July 28, 2008

JUST HAD A GREAT WEEKEND

SHERRI AND I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY GETTING EVERYTHING IN ORDER FOR OUR TRIP TO ALASKA. IT WILL BE THE FIRST REAL VACATION THAT WE HAVE TAKEN TOGETHER SINCE WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED. ONE OF THE ONLY DRAWBACKS IS THAT SHE WANTS ME TO FLY WITH HER IN A SMALL PONTOON PLANE OVER FOUR GLACIERS, YOU KNOW, ZOOMING UP AND DOWN AND ALL AROUND. I CANNOT HANDLE A ROLLER COASTER VERY WELL. SHE MUST REALLY WANT TO SEE IF THOSE BARF BAGS CAN REALLY HOLD LIQUID. OH WELL, ANYTHING FOR MY SWEETHEART. BRENT AND KAMI AND THE KIDS CAME DOWN FOR THREE DAYS AND DID WE HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE SWIMMING AND ALL THE GOOD FOOD. WORDS CANNOT TELL HOW WONDERFUL IT IS TO GET YOUR FAMILY TOGETHER AND ENJOY EACH OTHER AND THE SPIRIT IT BRINGS TO YOU. OUR ONLY WORRY IS BRIAN AND THE SCOWL HE HAS AND THE BULGING VEINS ON HIS FOREHEAD AS WE PLAY GAMES. WHAT A COMPETETIOR. I MUST SAY THATR THE GAME THE SAINT GEORGE ELLSWORTHS BROUGHT DOWN, L C R, LEFT CENTER RIGHT IS A VERY DIABOLICAL GAME. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH IT. IT IS A NEW FAMILY FAVORITE, RIGHT UP THERE WITH 7-UP, MORMON BRIDGE, AND THE GREAT DALMUTI. I ESPECIALLY ENJOYED SWIMMING WITH THE KIDS UNTIL THE SUN BURNED ME TO A CRISP, BUT IT IS A DRY HEAT???????????ANYWAY WE HAD A GOOD TIME AND REALLY ENJOYED THEIR VISIT, AND THE EXCUSE TO EAT. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS OR EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE MY FAMILY. I HAVE SO MANY SHORTCOMINGS AND WEAKNESSES AND AM SO VERY SURE THAT I HAVE FAILED THEM ALL AT SOME TIME, BUT I WANT THEM ALL TO KNOW THAT I CHERISH THEIR LIVES AND WANT THE BEST FOR THEM ALL. I DO NOT HAVE MUCH IN THIS WORLD BUT I DO HAVE A TESTIMONY OF THE GOSPEL. IT HAS BROUGHT ME AND MY FAMILY SO MUCH JOY AND BUOYED ME UP IN THE DEEPEST AND MOST SORROWFUL TIMES. IT GAVE ME A BASOS TO BUILD MY FAITH AND HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. THERE WERE TIMES THAT I THOUGHT MY FATHER WAS NOT AWARE OF ME AND MY FAMILY, BUT I SAW SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN TO US TO BRING US THE PEACE OF THE GOSPEL AND THE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE, AND THE BURNING KNOWLEDGE THAT EVERYTHING HAS ITS SEASON AND TIME. OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN DOES KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE AND HE IS AWARE OF EVERYTHING THAT WE GO THROUGH, AND ASKS NO MORE OF US THAN HE OR OUR SAVIOR HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH OR EXPERIENCED. TO THIS END I KNOW THAT THE GOSPEL IS TRUE AND THE ETERNAL TRUTHS IN IT ARE FOR US ALL, IT IS UP[ TO US TO BE OUR OWN ADVOCATES FOR THE ETERNAL KINGDOMS, MAY WE ALL BE THERE TOGETHER IS MY PRAYER, AMEN.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard, Let me be the first (of many, I'm sure) to say, WHAT A WONDERFUL BLOG!! I heard about the weekend, first hand, from the "St. George Ellsworths" who also had a great time. Hey, good luck with the barf bags, I have felt your pain just recently on a flight from Florida to Las Vegas. Thanks for sharing your testimony, it gave me a lift today. Keep on bloggin'!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I do believe that the best part of the trip for me was the 20 minute Pepsi run to the corner gas station. although tempers flared a bit...I cannot remember laughing so hard and wanting to cry at the same time. Brian's veins bulging, JoLynn rubbing him from behind and her ever so sweet voice telling him she loves him, Brent "the neck hair ripper" causing all kinds of grief in the back seat, and the profanity spewing from three male mouths...words I have never before heard!! I am laughing right now just thinking about it.
Thank you for a memorable trip/weekend. It was a blast and I am counting down the days til we can do it again!
love and miss you guys already!

Gena said...

Wow, big brother. I don't think I need to go to church this Sunday; I've had a terrific testimony meeting reading your post (I am being serious). I love you so much and miss you and Sherri, oh, and your kids. I really miss the days we could stop in and catch up with all of you while we traveled from L.A. to Bloomfield. I watch my squirrly white hairs with wonder and know that there's wisdom there... you must be the wisest man in the world. Wear them with pride. I love you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Very sweet testimony! I have always known of your sweet testimony and love of the gospel. I hope you know how much we love you and appreciate all that you have done for us and do for us. Even when your temper does flare a bit, like during the pepsi run. I always know the good man that you are.
Now, I wouldn't exactly say Brian's veins were bulging. And sweet Kami just doesn't know what a big meany I really am and how much Brian puts up with, with me. You will have to inform her of the truth:).
Always know we love you! Thanks for being the best Dad ever!
Love-JoLynn

Julianne said...

Hi Richard, it is Julianne! I am new to the blogging world and came across your blog. I enjoyed reading your testimony. Your family is so lucky to have you! You have always been a GREAT father.
Love, J

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

Im with you on the plane, i wont even fly with my dad. Enjoy Alaska sounds like fun. I need to come visit your family sometime!

Lori said...

Richard, how the heck have you been? Merrianne came across my blog (very long story) and so of course I am stalking all of her friends/family that she has listed on her sidebar. Have a great trip . . . Doug is and always will be very envious of your beautiful hair!!