Monday, October 20, 2008

Well here goes another stab at being a good blogger. This last week or so was very eventful. First was the visit of the Saint George Ellsworths. Always good to see them, even though Brent wanted the family to go to the cross town rival football game. For those of you who do not know how my son operates, any team he backs to win has a better than 90% chance to lose. He backed Mesa High and they suffered their worst defeat of the year at the hands of the Mt. Vies Toros. He will never learn.

And on a note closer to home, I called him when the BYU Cougars were playing TCU. He ispulling for the Cougs now, need I say more to the Little family. You had better keep him for the other team or face the kiss of death. My beloved uncle Herman made some friendly wagers with Brent on college football and even let him choose the games, he had to die with Brent owing him the bucks. It is an endless story.

Now for my Sunday 6, in no particular order;

1. I am grateful for fast Sunday and the opportunity to share in the spirit of the meetings, and yes to even share my testimony. I only wish to hear my families also.

2. I am grateful for Brian and the good son that he is, for the wood work he has done around our house and the good dad that he is, not to mention the good husband that he has become, Jolynn will back me up on this one.

3. I am grateful for Lyndsey and Jolynn for being daughters that I am so proud of, and for the good job they do in honoring motherhood and Sherrie and I as parents.

4. I am grateful for Lizzie the dog, an undying companion to the end that loves me unconditionally'

5. Even more grateful am I for my good wife without whom I sould be nothing in this world. She keeps me on an even keel and presents good judgement and common sense. She makes this life bearable and complete.

6. I am thankful for ovens, without which no delectable baked goods could come into the world. Baking offers me a release of tension, besides if you bake good everyone may even like you.

We have had the house painted and now like it better, now we have to start the inside, and all the honey do's. I will become more proficient with the camera and get some pix up soon. I lovc you all and pray for your continued health and prosperity.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray!! Another great post! Honestly Richard you are such a good blogger but you just don't do it often enough. I nearly keeled over when I, just by chance, checked out your blog and found a new post!! As far as Brent being a Cougar fan goes...what you are saying about him is probably very true, after all you are his dad, but I would rather have the Cougars lose and have Brent be a fan than have them win and have him as an opponent. It means a lot to us to have him in our True Blue Family, win or lose, at least we're in it together and that seems more important to me than being a winner! We love your kid, thanks for sharing him with us!! Hey, keep on blogging, we love to hear from you.

Helen Ellsworth said...

Dear Richard; How nice it was to read your comments. I love you so much. I have been thinking all day about calling you and that I will do as soon as I am finished. You have recently been kicked in the teeth but you also have so much to be thankful for. Just look at your other kids and how well they are doing. They are so special and you can be proud of them. I know they will remain the same. As good as their Dad. You are so special to me.I love you so very much. Love Mamma

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I am thankful for your oven too! I dream about those cookies bars every night!...I think I am getting fatter, as we speak, just thinking about them.
I am also thankful for your sons and daughters as well...what a GREAT family I am so proud to be a part of. Wonderful wives, mothers, daughters, husbands, sons and fathers...the Ellsworth clan is one solid group of good lookin, talented, spiritual, FANTASTIC people!
Can't wait to see the house...and EAT what i sure will be an EXCEPTIONAL Thanksgiving feast!
Miss you and Love you!

Gena said...

It's easy to buy affection with food. But, Richard, I love you regardless. You know it's true because I don't get to partake of your labors. Your list of things to be thankful for is lovely to read. It's hard to go through trials, sigh, but at least it helps us appreciate what it good in our lives. I love you, Dick! Hug Sherri for me!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Hey Dick Im a winner dang it!! I may have a small curse that follows me, but my Celtics proved that to be done and over with. It was good to read and hear from you. I love you and am proud to be your son!

Brent

Marianne said...

Well Richard! I didn't expect another post for a few weeks at least so here I am, late at commenting!

I would LOVE to see pictures of the house and the work you have done. It was lovely before so I have a hard time picturing it needing anything!

I loved you before you could bake but it certainly does does improve
your value! Keep it up!

Love you!

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME post! You do have a wonderful family-you are blessed. Give yourself a pat on the back for being such good parents. I too share your baking enthusiam, cooking is also in there.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow Dad I'm proud of you for doing so good with updating your blog. I feel bad I haven't checked on your blog in awhile because I wasn't expecting another post quite so soon. Way to go!

Thank you for being such a great Dad! We love you and appreciate you so much! We appreciate your insight and your words of wisdom. Thanks for being so good to us! I also being very priveledged to get to hear your testimony in church was so very very touched by it. I know that many others were very touched by it also. You are a good man! We love you!!!
Love ya, JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard, Don't you think it's time for another "stab" at being a good blogger?? Just a thought....we don't want you to get out of the habit!